Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Tuesday Drama

So thankful that God granted me another day. But why is it that even through those not so great moments we also get a another unexpected gift? Let me explain.
Yesterday, was the first day to my new job. I dropped off my daughter an hour earlier for child care to ensure I would get there on time because of the rain. My plans (I made them and most likely God will direct them) didn't go according as planned in my head. Here's a recap of what happened.

I get caught in traffic because everyone wanted to stop and look at the accident on the freeway adjacent to the George R Brown. Yes, it is raining people drive slowly be cautious but please move forward!! At this rate, I am going to be late on my first day. I absolutely hate this. My motto is 'failure to plan is planning for failure' so this is not making me a happy camper. Finally I get past the downtown landscapes and inch closer to the Medical Center. I don't like people who talk and drive but I had to whip out the handy dandy cell phone to call my new boss to tell her that I would be (gulp) late. I was surprised by her tone and response. It turns out she was running late and I would probably arrive before her because she was stuck in traffic behind me.
So I was more chipper. =] When I finally make it to the street I needed to be hours ago, there was one more stoplight and of course it would be a really long one!! So I sit there crank up my radio and sing the tune to my favorite song (which depending on what day it is will decide what song that may be). As I am singing, "Help me Belive" the car behind me hits me. Lord, I know you must have taken a snapshot of my face and maybe recorded what I said. I couldn't believe it. I have had 4 accidents guys I was so getting ready to celebrate on September 4th of this year for being accident free for 4 years. I know goofy but what can I say....that's just me! Well, I want to get out of my car but can't because the construction crew will not let me and I have to keep going. All the while watching the car behind me that tried to send me into the middle of the intersection. I was thankful that I was alive and could live to tell about my day, I was sure to top Roel's. The person that hit me was trying to drive away, I had to pull out of my lane and follow him to tell him to pull over so we could discuss the obvious. He kept saying nothing happened. I just started laughing, thinking to myself..."sure you wish you didn't just rear end me buddy".
Anywho, I needed to pull over to call my new boss to tell her what happened and inform her I didn't know what time I would be there...(great first day impression).

Finally, the guy who hit me, pulled over while I went to check out what happened to the back of my car. When I get there, I look, touch and just laughed. For a jolt of that size there was apparently no damage done to my car. I couldn't believe it but was so relieved. I thanked God and blessed the individual that hit me. Then drove off to my new job, which really was a great first day. The girls I work with are sweethearts and the doctor we work for is cool.

So my song that I was singing, "Help Me Believe" by Kirk Franklin was playing in my car on the way home....God is awesome. I believe God you are who you say you are, I believe God you can do what you say you can do. I believe God says I am who He says I am. I'm believing God!

Just curious, what is playing in your car, ipod or cd player? What are the lyrics, watch what you're singing....he,he!

2 comments:

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love (God) has really impacted and changed their lives. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...that was definitely a crazy first day! How is it going this week? I'm with you...God always plays the song you need right on time. It NEVER fails...or should I say HE never fails...every time I'm a little down or having negative thoughts...I mean every single time...Barlow Girl's "I Need You To Love Me" comes on! All I can say is Thank you Lord each and every time! Amazing! Love you much!