Saturday, September 6, 2008

Little Grammarian

It's been a long time since my last post so I will use this one to bring you up to date.
I love my new job! Each day is different and it is never dull or boring. At first I felt guilty for enjoying my job so much. The hours allow me time to keep Skylar's toddler play date schedule. I don't mind the drive to and fro. Sometimes I miss Skylar and cry then laugh at myself because the job is only part-time. Although, lately I have missed the way she smells and cooking for my family. I hope to be able to shower them with both affection and home cooked meals soon. We've eaten out quite a bit since I started working. We have to take colors, toys or a book to keep her entertained while we wait for our food. During one of our meals at Chili's we were discussing some dates and what to schedule for our family calendar when all of a sudden Skylar looked up from coloring, pointed her finger towards us and said, "Don't fight, no fight!" Roel and I just looked at each other stunned because neither of us were raising our voices or in disagreement. We asked her why she thought we were fighting but she just smiled and kept coloring. Her vocabulary surprises us at times because of the words she chooses to use in sentences. This grammarian of ours had us stumped with the "no fight" declaration...... these days she says the funniest things.


1 comment:

Lianna Knight said...

I am so glad you made a post...I have been wondering about you and hoping that everything was going well.

Skylar sounds like such a sweetie!!

Blessings~