Goal: Cut my hair to donate it.
For one thing, the lady that cut my hair would always say "It isn't fair that you have all this hair on your head." Blame it on my parents, but really my dad. My mom was never allowed to cut it. Trims were acceptable but that was it. I actually cut a large portion right after I was married. I figured my dad couldnt' give me a hard time about the hair thing now, I was a married woman!
Well I worked up the nerve to do it finally and I wanted to show what a drastic change it is for me in appearance how emotional it has been all together. I got mixed reactions. Most of my side of the family was shocked, surprised and disapproving of my new hairstyle. My hubby's family was more receptive, probably because they kept encouraging me to cut my hair now that I am a mother who has less time to maintain the long locks I had. I didn't think my face/shape would work with short hair.....so take a look, what do you think?
Before my cut!
This is how much hair I cut.
When I worked at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, I wept daily on the elevator as I caught sight of children with hair loss due to their illness. I chose Locks of Love to donate my hair, if it could make just one precious child smile and bring confidence it would be worth it.

This is me now.
I never thought I would love having short hair. I felt so free but so exposed. My long hair was like a security blanket to me. I may never go back to long hair but medium length locks is where I aim to be.... For now I am at peace with the goal list. We'll see how it goes next week....
Goal: Accomplished!
2 comments:
You look beautiful! Inside and out :)
Hello Sunshine!! How wonderful and big your heart is to donate your locks! Your hair is absolutely cute and stylish now!! Thanks so much for "checkin me out!" Your daughter is such a doll, just like you! Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment