Ever heard the song titled Hungry by Joy Williams. It rose up into my spirit as I sat in my office. I had such a trying day. I'm sure you've had one of those. When someone seeking the glory tries to run your name through the mud. I found myself there today. I work unto the Lord and give it my best. Not one who has free time to go around to everyone's office to gossip. I know God is working behind the scenes, He refreshes my soul and I get glimpses of that wonderful plan of His. Sometimes it is hard to just push through. I need to remember when wounded to return to His gentle hands that heal me there under the scars. It is there where God draws us closer that we are reminded of His captivating love that restores/renews. In the shadow of His wings, He whispers words of love to us. Heals us and then He sets us free to soar again...
Hungry by Joy WilliamsHungry I come to You
For I kn
ow You satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry
So I wait for You
So I wait for You
I'm falling on my knees
Offering all my needs
Jesus You're all
This heart is living for
Broken I run to You
For Your arms are open wide
I am weary but I know Your touch
Restores my life
So I wait for You
So I wait for You
It is there in our brokenness He meets us. Take time to be with the Lord as you piece it back together again. And while we do not look the same before we were broken, the finished product will display His light through the cracks. All for your glory Lord!
2 comments:
I love this Sun! I actually had a VERY similar day today. I had a nasty parent phone call within the first 2 minutes I walked into the schoolhouse!!!
So thanks for sharing your love of Jesus and spreading His word :)
Sunshine,
I love the way you write and I love that you are back to Blogging. I have been having a very very bad experience with a family member and a broken relationship...MY ENTIRE DAYS are consumed by this and I am seeking the Lord and hopefully finding answers...I know it may not be now but in His time that I am restored. And I needed to hear that all I have to do is return to HIM and HE will bring me through!
Thank You!
Post a Comment