Thursday, June 11, 2009

Desires of our hearts


Lord, you never cease to amaze me! You treat us better than we know how to treat ourselves. It is so awesome to see the faith of a child, no wonder you say your kingdom is theirs. I witnessed such an honest prayer of a child's desire. I watched for weeks as my little girl declared that she would have a girl puppy. Even though her parents had other opinions. We had so many leads and none of them went anywhere. Friends gave us suggestions of people selling puppies but I grew more discouraged when we'd get calls back and the answer was "none left"! We visited the SPCA and it seemed there weren't any puppies around. Ashamed, I admit I tried to get her to settle for dogs that didn't fit her preferences. However, she wouldn't have it! She kept saying she was getting a girl dog with a pink collar and a pink bow. Well I thank you for the call that led us straight to Cocoa Chanel. Skylar's new dog is a perfect fit. I am most thankful for the example of faith that this story has taught me through my baby girl. You hear our prayers and we are to remain in faith believing that you will answer them, not doubting or being double minded but remain confident that you will provide in your time. It took three months and I know you timed it perfectly! I laughed as we drove home with her dog in her lap, she said, "See mom, I told you I was getting a girl dog!" Oh Lord, tears begin to roll, how I wish that I could be that confident! Faith like a three year old, positively certain you would give her the desire of her heart!

1 comment:

Lianna Knight said...

This is such a sweet post. The eyes of a child are flawless...

Waiting for our miracle too :)