Monday, July 28, 2008

Hello Monday morning

Wow, after the series of events that took place this weekend I thought Monday would never get here. Normally this is the day I do laundry but for everything to go according to plan this week, I had to rearrange the schedule. Let's see guys, Friday was unbelievably busy but wonderful because that is the day Skylar and I get to really hang out with our favorite man whom she refers to as 'Dada'. We grabbed a late dinner at her favorite restaurant. Saturday at 7 a.m. I went for my morning run, I wish I could do it everyday but at least I get one a week. It is such a great feeling. The scripture that comes to mind is 'let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us' (hebrews 12:1). It helps to clear my head and just meditate on God's goodness. Lately with the obstacles I have had to face it has been really hard to tune out everything and just be in His presence. Thank God the enemy must not like to sweat, I can't hear a negative condemning thought on these runs. I highly recommend it. Later Saturday afternoon we had a baby shower, and two birthday parties. Of which we only made two of them. I would have to say the birthday party at Pump It UP was the best because being the big kids that Roel and I both are...we got to do everything Skylar did. [I'll Post the pics later today]. Sunday was my usual 8:30 addiction...House of Worship (Lakewood Church). I sent Roel to the movies and Skylar wanted to visit his mom so I had the house quietly to myself. Something that doesn't happen often but greatly appreciated. While sitting in silence, I decided to treat my hubby for all the long hours he put in this past week. I have to come up with creative ways to spoil him. Since time is so precious for us I mowed the lawn so he would be free to do the things he loves. I washed the laundry so I could be free from housework...and I am glad I did. Once those necessary chores were done, Skylar and I headed with bags in tow for our Sunday volleyball rematch. It seemed our competitors were exhausted from the night before so we had the advantage. The sweet victory was ours. Skylar napped during the whole four games so when she woke up she had one thought on her mind, and that was her swimming pool. My social butterfly loved having her cousins go for a evening dip. We stayed at Skylar's Nana's house (my mom) for the night. She loves to sleep on the sofa bed, so we have slept many a nights there after the volleyball games. Finally, I dropped off each cousin and about 8:30 p.m. rolled around I returned home to fall into bed.

*more pics from the b-day party*
Roel & his baby girl finishing up the obstacle course.




Here's one of Skylar refusing to leave Pump It Up. Now this activity will be added to our Toddler play date schedule.





Hello Monday morning, so glad you came!


No comments: